We received a lovely box of goodies this week from Heavenly Organic Superfoods. Founded by Mum of 4, Shauna McCarney-Blair, the Heavenly baby food range was developed when Shauna discovered a lack of healthy and organic snacks when weaning her first child.
This struck a chord with me too, as when Harry started needing more and more ‘go to’ snacks I did find my options limited. The range contains no added sugar or salt and is perfect for at home, or on-the-go snacks.
We tried out a lovely selection of items from the range, including:
- Coconut Squishies – Harry tried the Mango/Apple/Banana/Coconut Milk flavour, and the Strawberry/Apple/Banana/Coconut Milk flavour. The ‘squishies’ come in handy little pouches and contain organic fruit, coconut milk and a dash of lemon juice, and are one of your five a day! Harry LOVED these. I tried them myself and I must say they are delicious. Harry was able to hold the pouch and suck out the contents really easily.
- Yummy Wafer Wisps – Spinach, Apple and Kale flavour. These contain organic fruit and veg blended together with ancient grains. These are melt in the mouth and such a healthy snack. Very easy for Harry to hold. They come in little packs of 3 which are great for chucking in the changing bag!
- Happy Halo Bites – Apple flavour. These little round bites contain organic grains buckwheat and amaranth, blended with natural organic fruits. I had been giving Harry Cheerios in his snack pot, but have since replaced them with these! They are much healthier and taste great. Slightly bigger than Cheerios too, so a bit easier for his little fingers to grab.
- Crispy Veggie Waffles – Beetroot and Shallot flavour. Dairy free, oven baked and containing over 50% organic vegetables. Harry has been nibbling on a few of these while I make his dinner and they are perfect as a ‘starter’!. They taste quite strong but sure enough he loves them! Great dipped in his favourite – houmous.
- Mini Italian Breadsticks. These are really lovely. Authentic little breadsticks – baked in Italy! They have no added sugar or salt and are a lovely chunky shape for Harry to hold. We also dip these in houmous!
I absolutely love the packaging; it’s practical and looks great. The full range can be found on the Heavenly website, and is stocked in major UK and Ireland retailers like Gordons Chemists, Supervalu, Tesco Ireland, Amazon and Ocado.
Thanks for letting us try out your Heavenly products!
Love, Laurel and Harry